Business Continuity and Crisis Management
In today’s hyper-connected world, businesses must adapt and remain operational throughout any disruptive changes. Avoiding major interruptions is critical for their survivor.
Every year at least one in five businesses suffers a major interruption. Holistic business continuity plans and regular rehearsals prevent such interruptions from becoming business-threatening events.
Achieving resilience starts with a comprehensive assessment of every aspect of your business, putting business continuity and crisis management plans in place as well as operational workarounds.Our end-to-end crisis management and business continuity services range from assessments and plan designs, to rehearsed drills and emergency security services in the field.
SecArc’s business continuity and crisis management consultants will support you throughout the entire business continuity life cycle:
The common language of business continuity
– Risk Assessment (RA) – The RA is an overall process of risk identification, analysis, and evaluation of the threats and vulnerabilities
– Business Impact Analysis (BIA) – The BIA is a process designed to identify critical business functions and their dependencies, and to prioritize and establish recovery time objectives
– Disaster Recovery (DR) – A foundational element of an enterprise business continuity plan, addressing recovery of technology
– Business Continuity Planning – Integrates DR and BCP, and also identifies the mission-critical business processes that must survive through a significant disruption or disaster for Your Company to remain solvent. The BCP addresses survivability issues
– Crisis Management (CM) – The overall coordination of an organization’s response to a crisis, in an effective, timely manner, with the goal of avoiding or minimizing damage to the organization’s profitability, reputation, and ability to operate
– Emergency Preparedness (EP) – The capability that enables an organization or community to respond to an emergency in a coordinated, timely, and effective manner to prevent the loss of life and minimize employee or customer injury and property damage